RBS Six Nations Rugby Calendar
Update: RBS have now supplied a downloadable fixture list and you can access it here.
I'm not much of a football fan, but I do love the rugby. Especially when I get to watch the finest players from Wales (being Welsh myself) play against the likes of England, Scotland, Ireland, France and Italy!
The problem is, is that I always forget when the games I want to watch are on.
Well to combat this the RBS Six Nations website have kindly provided us with an events feed that we can add to our calendars. Basically, I've grabbed this feed and made some changes, added some more data (e.g. Alarms and Reminders) and renamed it to something a little more intuitive.
You can add the calendar feed by clicking here.
Not sure how to get this working?
To SUBSCRIBE to the calendar to get updates and changes:
Using your iPhone
- Copy the following link:
- Go to "Settings"
- Then click "Mail,Contacts,Calendars"
- Click "Add Account"
- Click "Other" (Right at the bottom)
- Click "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- In the "Server" field paste the link your copied from step 1
- Then click "Next" and then Save
- The calendar should now be installed
Using iCal on your Mac
- In the top menu. Click Calendar -> Subscribe
- When the popup box appears paste in the following:
- Click "Subscribe" and then you can make any appearance changes you would like.
- Click OK and you should have installed the new calendar.
Microsoft Outlook (2007 or later)
- Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Choose Internet Calendars tab
- Click "New..."
- Paste the following URL into the location field and click Add
To simply just ADD all the events to your calendar:
- Click on this link
- If you've downloaded it on a MAC and have iCal then it should open automatically, when it does just click "OK" to add it to your calendar. If your using Entourage then you can just right click on the file that you downloaded in the previous step (RBS Six Nations Rugby.ics) an click "Open With" then select Entourage. I think you can just right click on the file in Windows and open it with Outlook, but being a MAC user I'm not sure about that. Let me know if that's correct though.
- Once you have completed the steps above you should have all the events in your calendar. If you know any other ways to add this calendar to other applications and platforms please let me know and I'll put them here for everyone to see. The more the merrier and all that!